Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SQL screw up

Screw up

noun

1. a serious mistake; blunder; mess
2. a person who screws up


So I came into work today to hear that a SQL cluster had been down for 2 days, making it so no one in this fortune 500 company was getting BES email for 2 days. How does this happen. How can any company not have any measures in place to prevent this from happening? is it gross incompetence or is it just lazy. Are you going to tell me you don't notice type of stuff.

In other news, I've been doing work with bes 5.0 lately, I'm not really impressed. Does not seem very user friendly. The framework engine is crap, and the user portal isn't much better. Service pack 1 in September though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Cloud Based Policy Management Service

Really good stuff. We have needed the group targeting for some time now. I also noticed they addeed a bunch of new groups to the Azure AD ...