Thursday, January 29, 2009

SQL express 2005

Alright I am going to try to keep this brief as I have been cursing and ranting about sql server express 2005, and most people who I talk to are just tired of me talking about it. This version of SQL was designed for local use. And be default, will not allow incoming tcp/ip connections. You have to make a bunch of changes on the sql server to make it talk on port 1433 ( or whatever port you are using) So after downloading this, and trying to get it work for a few hours. I said screw it and downloaded the standard version. Beware though, if you are installing BES and looking for a version of SQL. Stay away from sql Express 2005. It is going to cause you many headaches. Props to this guy for a great guide

http://nerds-central.blogspot.com/2008/03/developing-sql-2005-applications-on-sql.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Cloud Based Policy Management Service

Really good stuff. We have needed the group targeting for some time now. I also noticed they addeed a bunch of new groups to the Azure AD ...