Monday, February 2, 2009

Software configs suck

I'm so happy that in BES 5.0 they are totally changing how they do software config's. I have such a huge problem with how confusing and inconsistent software config's are. Let me give you an example. Earlier, in one of the test enviroments we have at my office, one of the developers created a software config. Now he assumed that all you have to do is add the files to the directory and then load that directory through the BES.

How silly of him...

First you have to index the files, then you have to make sure you don't have duplicate names of the directory's. And then finally you have to make sure that none of the files in the directorys have the same name, or the new software config will not show up.

BES 5.0 april 1st?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Cloud Based Policy Management Service

Really good stuff. We have needed the group targeting for some time now. I also noticed they addeed a bunch of new groups to the Azure AD ...